The 9th ISCaP meeting is scheduled to be held in Vienna, Austria, March 18th, 2015. This will be a 1 and a half hour workshop, held immediately prior to the 14th St. Gallen Breast Cancer Conference 2015.
This highly condensed preconference workshop on „Medical Breast Cancer Prevention: Update 2015“, just prior to the 14th bi-annual, well established St.Gallen International Breast Cancer Conference 2015 - for the first time in Vienna/Austria, informs breast cancer specialists from all over the world about the „present state of the art“ of medical, that is pharmacological prevention of overt breast cancer by drugs (anti-estrogens, and other drugs) as well as by anti-breast cancer vaccines, and critically discusses already available results of large international breast cancer prevention trials, and also the problems with translating their generally positive results into clinical practice.
The current list of speakers and topics for this event include:
- Introduction: Preventing all forms of breast cancer (Powel H. Brown, USA)
- Prevention of ER-positive breast cancer (Mangesh Thorat, UK)
- Novel strategies to prevent ER-negative breast cancer (Powel H. Brown, USA)
- Breast cancer vaccines (Nora Disis, USA)
- Conclusion (Jack Cuzick, UK)